Tips to increase your safety in navigating closure, shutdowns and detours on Campus
We apologize for any inconveniences you may experience as a result of the construction and maintenance-related campus closures, shutdowns and detours that are necessary to keep our campus thriving. However, your safety is our number one concern. Please be especially cautious and careful around construction areas by watching out for the safety of yourself and those around you. We recommend the following steps to to increase safety:
- Be aware of your surroundings while on campus
- Remove headphones and avoid texting in construction areas
- Walk your bike through areas where there is a heavy concentration of pedestrians
- Stay on pathways and avoid walking or biking in streets where construction vehicles travel
- Only cross streets using designated crossings
- Don’t cross or enter a restricted construction area
- Observe all directions provided by construction flaggers
- Be aware of construction vehicles traveling on campus
- Give all construction vehicles ample space to navigate into and out of construction areas
- Immediately report any potentially unsafe situation you see to Lori Fulton at 541-737-4625.
Should you have any questions or concerns about your access to specific buildings or areas of the campus during the construction period, please contact Campus.Notifications@oregonstate.edu.
Bike parking is available throughout campus. Remember to lock your bike in accordance with DPS regulations to avoid theft and to avoid having your bike impounded for parking in a manner that creates a hazard, blocks bicycle or traffic lanes, blocks access to any stairway, ramp or doorway, or blocks access to any handrail or other device used to aid enter to a building or structure.