As a reminder, Thursday, April 7, is the deadline for the 2022 Dreyfus Program for Machine Learning in the Chemical Sciences and Engineering. Now in its third year, this program provides funding for innovative projects in Machine Learning (ML) that relate to the Foundation’s broad objective to advance the chemical sciences and chemical engineering. The Foundation anticipates these projects will contribute fundamental insights and innovation in the field.
The Foundation encourages proposals to significantly stimulate and accelerate the development and use of ML and related aspects of data science in the chemical sciences and engineering. Below are some examples of areas this program may support:
· molecular synthesis, including mechanisms, techniques, and applications
· theory, computation, physical properties of molecules or materials
· rates and mechanisms of new chemical processes
· new or improved materials and materials applications
· postdoctoral support for collaborations that combine chemical science research with ML expertise
· collaborative sabbaticals, extended visits, and meetings
· education, e.g., new courses, seminar series, MOOCs, …
· public libraries of chemistry and chemical engineering data for use in ML
Note that proposals are not restricted to the areas described above. Additional details are available on the Foundation website.