We have an immediate need to hire someone to run our HPLC lab in Albany. Full or Part Time, min 20 hours a week.
The candidate should be well-versed in a range of analytical testing techniques such as, LC-MS/MS, GC MS/MS, HPLC, GC headspace
- Analysis of samples using HPLC
- Troubleshooting instruments
- Method development
- Sample prep, sample handling, calibration standards and reporting
- Testing of samples for contaminants, solvents and pesticides
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Good communication and positive attitude
- Experience to operate Shimadzu instruments.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (in pursuit)
Zach Jordan | Director of Engineering
227 Bellevue way NE #460 Bellevue, WA. 98004
Join the Oregon State University Advantage team for the fifth biannual Innovation Showcase, a celebration of technology and entrepreneurship, on Thursday, Nov. 8, from 5-8 p.m. At this showcase, learn about advances in natural material applications and nuclear energy and listen to startup pitches. The showcase is followed by a hosted networking reception. Registration is free: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/osu-advantage-innovation-showcase-tickets-50385059068.
to be awarded in May 2019. The applications are due by Monday, Jan. 14, at 9 a.m. To apply for a grant, please visit www.osufoundation.org/wgc_grant. For more information, contact Molly Moriarty Russell at 541-737-4044 or Molly.MoriartyRussell@osufoundation.org.
Date: Oct 12, 2018
Location: Albany, OR, US, 97321
Company: W. R. Grace & Co.
Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The Oregon plant of W. R. Grace & Co. manufactures fine chemicals for a broad range of pharma, biotech and nutraceutical customers. We are currently seeking a Research and Development Intern to support our dynamic team. This position will support manufacturing and small scale chemical manufacturing through chemical process research and developement.
Essential Duties Include:
- Researches and develops chemical processes for new and existing products in accordance with departmental health and safety practices. Performs small scale manufacturing up to 50L scale.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and well stocked work area.
- Documents all work in lab notebooks. Provides written reports as requested.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing as needed.
- Complies with defined EMS procedures.
- Helps to ensure Grace’s Environmental objectives/targets are achieved.
- Develops analytical testing protocols as needed.
- Archives completed laboratory notebooks.
- Provides analytical summaries, for Quality Control for use as guides for in-process analysis.
- Provides procedural summaries for Manufacturing for use as guides for writing batch records.
- Maintains overall laboratory facility including but not limited to: maintaining community areas of the laboratory, purchasing community reagents and supplies, repairing equipment, and purchasing equipment.
- Participates in departmental in inter-departmental safety, health, and quality related audits and inspections.
- Good Communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skils
- Excellent computer skills
- Bachelor’s of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent
- Must be working on Master’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- Must have experience with standard chemistry tool kit including laboratory glassware and chemical fume hoods
- Experience with chemical drawing software, literature searching software, and standard software
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
EOE Statement: W. R. Grace & Co. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
The Department of Chemistry at Washington State University has an opening for an organic chemistry research and teaching associate in the Mancini Group. We would be grateful if you could share the attached information with your department. Information on the position and research projects can be found at http://www.mancinilab.com/postdoc-ad.html.
Please join Prestigious Scholarships advisor LeAnn Adam to learn about funding for research, graduate study, and study abroad. LeAnn will discuss opportunities like Fulbright, Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater and Gilman, and what steps you can take to submit competitive applications. Snacks provided. Wednesday October 24, 5-6 p.m., West Residence Hall first-floor lounge.
With recent changes in recycling, it’s more important than ever to recycle right. The following are NOT recyclable in standard bins: cups (paper or plastic), napkins, plastic bags, wrappers, Styrofoam, plastic “clamshell” containers (to go, salad greens, etc.), or food-contaminated items. By keeping these out of recycle bins, we make recycling more cost-effective and provide a better work environment for those who process our recycling. See what can be recycled at http://tiny.cc/r-guide.