Our “Sensing and assembly based on non-covalent interactions” REU program has been recommended for funding (NSF) and is currently seeking applications from students that are interested in conducting research during the summer. This program will provide the participating REU students an extensive 10-week summer research experience (June 1st – August 7th, 2020) in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at The University of Southern Mississippi (USM). This program will also provide professional trainings and workshops and conclude with a research symposium. The application deadline is March 14, 2020.
• $5,000 stipend.
• Housing in USM dormitory and meal plan provided.
• Travel assistance will be available to help defray the cost of traveling to Hattiesburg.
Who should apply:
• Participants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
• Current undergraduate students who have completed at least their freshman year but have not graduated, majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field.
• Strong academic record with a desire to conduct research; GPA > 2.8.
• Students from underrepresented groups in STEM (women, NSF-defined underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities) and students from community colleges or other academic institutions with limited research opportunities, are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and application details, please visit:
|USM Chemistry REU | School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences | The University of Southern MississippiThis is the home page for Research Experiences for Undergraduates programs housed at USMwww.usm.edu|
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.