The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Chemical Data Analysis and Curation Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The National Center for Computational Toxicology (NCCT) is responsible for developing computational tools and solutions for improving environmental risk assessments and regulatory decisions pertaining to chemical safety and sustainability. The selected candidate shall provide data management, data curation and data analysis support to the ToxRefDB project. This is a combination of limited MySQL database management, file management, data curation and extraction, quality control, as well as performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Full Time, $28.14 per hour,
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in biology, toxicology, chemistry, bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, math, physics, information science, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months,
- Experience with chemical biology and toxicology,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Atlassian Jira,
- Proficiency with descriptive statistics to provide reports on curation progress,
- Experience with R-language programming (or other scripting language),
- Experience with MySQL database and MySQL workbench, and
- Experience with CDISC/SEND terminology.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3389
Questions? Email EPAjobs@orau.org. To hear more about position openings like this, follow us on Twitter at @GovCareerPaths.