We are pleased to announce the fourth year of the summer internship program,SCIScholars, for chemistry and chemical engineering undergraduates.
The program is a joint effort of the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) America International Group, the American Chemical Society (ACS), and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and was developed to introduce chemistry and chemical engineering students to careers in the chemical industry.
Exceptional sophomores and juniors with a GPA of at least 3.5 and who are majoring in chemistry or chemical engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Thirty-five scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2013.
- SCI Scholars receive $6,000-$10,000+ for a ten-week internship.
- Students will be awarded a certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting.
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate fromSCIand $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials.
- Applications are due December 14, 2012 (December 15, 3 a.m EST).
- Interested students should visit www.acs.org/sci to fill out an application and get more information
I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the SCI Program Flyer (PDF at www.acs.org/sci) to any students you think might be interested in the program, as well as to any faculty members who could help promote this program to their students. Thank you for your assistance in bringing this exceptional opportunity to the attention of your undergraduates.