The Office of Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, & the Arts (Office of URSA) is excited to announce this year’s call for faculty submissions for the 2022-2023 URSA Engage Program, which is designed to provide first- and second-year students, as well as transfer students in their first year at OSU, opportunities to pursue research or a creative activity under the guidance of an OSU faculty mentor.
Below is an overview of the URSA Engage Program. More detailed information about eligibility and deadlines can be found on our website.
- Faculty submit the mentor summary form by Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- The opportunities submitted by faculty will be posted on our website for students to view on October 17.
- Students will read through mentor summaries and fill out a form that will be emailed to faculty mentors they are interested in working with.
- Faculty and students will then discuss shared interests and whether they want to work together on a project either in-person or via Zoom. We encourage faculty to host group session(s) to chat with students prior to allowing them to apply.
- Faculty will ultimately decide which student(s) they will allow to move forward with an application to the URSA Engage Program.
- Students who have secured a mentor will then apply to the URSA Engage Program. The Office of URSA will evaluate student applications and students will be notified of acceptances mid-January of 2023.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate your partnership and willingness to mentor students early in their careers at OSU!
Stephanie Ramos, MS
Associate Director of Undergraduate Research
Office of Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, & the Arts (URSA)
Oregon State University
Pronouns: she, her, hers