Please forgive this blast e-mail – yet we wanted to share about this second in the series on Women in Innovation being held at ACS national meetings! We have an amazing line up of very accomplished speakers – in a unique format that allows for open Q&A and “office hours” with the experts!
Please join us for the Women in Innovation: Science & Technology Symposium
WHEN: Monday, March 14, 2016, ACS Spring National Meeting in San Diego 9:30AM-NOON WHERE: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina – Marina Salon E (Next to Convention Center)
We are reaching out to you as leaders who have enormous networks – many of whom may be coming to ACS in San Diego! Thank you, in advance, for sharing the information, and we hope to see you in San Diego!!!
This interactive symposium, and 2nd in the planned series, will focus on translating research to innovation to commercial offering from the perspective of the scientist and linking it with career progression from researcher to innovator to developing market- ready science.
Women who have successfully commercialized their research will share key factors for success during an interactive panel, followed by a moderated Q&A where members can get questions answered. “Office Hours” with our speakers immediately following the moderated Q&A will give attendees a chance to meet the panelists and connect. Results of our discussions will be summarized and made available post meeting.
The symposium invites all to explore with us:
• WHAT does it take to be an INNOVATING WOMAN in academe, industry or government labs and be able to translate that research into a market-needed innovation?
• WHAT are the biggest challenges faced by researchers to be successful in developing science that meets market requirements and could be commercialized?
• HOW have successful women researchers built support structures and connections throughout their careers?
• ….and most importantly HOW can YOU use this information to create your own RESEARCH to COMMERICALIZATION PATHWAY TO SUCCESS?
• Leah Frye – Vice President, Drug Discovery Group, Schrödinger
• Sharon Feng – Sr. Associate Dean, Institute for Molecular Engineering, University of Chicago
• Gwen Gross – Chief Chemist, Structural Composites, Boeing Research & Technology
• Erin Baker – Senior Research Scientist IV, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
• Judy Giordan – VP/Managing Director, ecosVC and Co-Founder, the Chemical Angel Network
• Janet Bryant – Senior S&T Specialist V, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory