Please see the NSF call for Clean Energy Technology RAISE or EAGER Proposals
National Science Foundation (NSF) invites interdisciplinary groups of Principal Investigators (PIs) to develop potentially transformative, convergent, fundamental research proposals in the area of clean energy technologies. Two kinds of proposals will be considered: Research Advanced by Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering (RAISE) and Early-concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER).
Topics of interest include the following:
- Hydrogen, fusion, and/or geothermal technologies
- Industrial heat and/or energy efficiency technologies
- Fundamental challenges of enabling offshore wind/wave technologies
- Critical materials for clean energy technologies – their recovery, reuse, and recycling
- Net-zero fuels and bioenergy
- Education and workforce development efforts
Research related to computational, simulation, and data-science tools that can lead to new insights in clean energy technology development is also encouraged.
Concept papers must be submitted prior to proposals and are due: EAGERs on 6/14/23 and RAISEs on 7/12/23