PCC Landscape Technology Grounds Support Technician. Casual, Part-time.
The Portland Community College (PCC) Landscape Technology Program is seeking someone with experience performing a range of landscape maintenance duties to join the PCC Landscape Technology Program as a part-time, casual, Grounds Support Technician.
The position will start as soon as possible and work at least through the summer months. The work days will be M-F with work hours to be determined. Work will be at the PCC Rock Creek Campus. Casual positions at PCC are temporary, non-benefited roles and the pay range for this role is $16.50-$20 / hour.
You will be joining a dedicated group of Landscape Technology staff, committed to preparing students for quality jobs in the Landscape industry. You will work independently to perform a range of landscape maintenance duties. You will work safely with gas and diesel-powered equipment, attend to the health of the plants, trees, and lawns that make up the Landscape
Technology facilities at Rock Creek Campus. Your work will also include routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment, fencing and grounds features as needed. It will be essential for you to be able to safely operate motor vehicles.
If you are interested or know someone who is interested pass this information along! To express interest in the position, please send a completed PCC Employment application and your resume to Jennifer Peters, Department Chair for Landscape Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org as
soon as possible. Thank you!
More about the range of duties for this role:
- Performs a range of landscape maintenance duties including leaf removal, pruning shrubs and trees, fertilizing, lawn care and watering.
- Removes litter and empties trash cans.
- Cleans roads, parking lots and walks to ensure safety of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Provides full care for designated indoor and greenhouse plants.
- Uses and makes repairs on manual and automatic watering systems to ensure adequate moisture for plantings.
- Performs vector control including trapping and disposing of small animals and insects
- Works in a safe manner leaving work areas safe during and after work projects.
- Cleans spills as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.