OSU Libraries has set up a trial of Cambridge Histories Online, produced by Cambridge University Press. This trial will run through June 17, 2010.
Cambridge Histories Online is the online version of the Cambridge Histories reference series, dating back to the 1960s.
- Contains over 260 volumes published since 1960, equating to around 196,000 pages of unrivalled scholarship
- Unique & dynamic content
- Covers over 15 different academic subjects
- Search and browse content (basic & advanced search and a content specific browse)
- Personalisation including, saved & most recent searches, workspaces and bookmarks
- Citation export functionality
- Comprehensive librarian support resources including, COUNTER compliant usage statistics, library branding, MARC records and title lists
- User display control features including, switchable hit term highlighting, pagination of results and the ability to control the number of hits per page
- Extensive bibliographic reference functionality; fully referenced content with all references displayed, OpenURL compliant and linked online through CrossRef
Comments on this database trial can be submitted using the Electronic Resource Evaluation Form.