Looking for a different type of learning activity for your course? Did you know that in this version of Blackboard you can create a ‘wiki’ for your class? A wiki is a collaborative space that allows anyone to add or edit content. It is a place in which knowledge can be pooled and improved on by the class. As people contribute to the wiki, a unique resource is created by and for the group. And – by having students build their ‘wiki’ within Blackboard, you have the ability to track each student’s contribution and grade them from within the tool itself.
Here are some ideas for using a wiki in your course:
- Create a glossary of technical terms
- Create a newsletter for reporting on a breaking event
- Create a community of practice virtual space
- Create a student-constructed FAQ list
- Post research project results for group analysis
- Create an online guide, reference lists or outlines
- Research items of local interest that can be updated and shared.
View this short video to learn exactly how to set up a wiki in your course.