Bend Research (now part Lonza) is hiring a summer intern for the Environmental Health and Safety Program. This is a paid position.
Start and end dates can be flexible. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the EHS field dealing with many topics- from general safety, to industrial hygiene, to assisting their on-site environmental engineer. Their requirements are listed below.
- B.S. in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Engineering. Intern must be pursuing an EHS degree or similar degree. Candidate working on Masters also acceptable.
- At least one year working in or studying Environmental Health and Safety.
- Conducts fit testing for respirators
- Conducts field sampling for air and noise
- Collects environmental samples
- Inspects hazardous waste storage areas
- Conducts site EHS audits
- Maintains sampling equipment
- Maintains emergency response equipment
- Assists with EHS tasks as directed
- Performs as a member of the site EHS team
|Level of Authority
- Can recommend improvements and spending to site EHS Manager.
- Standing, sitting, walking