The EHS Intern serves within our Environmental, Health, and Safety team, will be responsible in ensuring company is compliant with local, state, and federal laws through the development and refinement of environmental and safety training programs. Assist in EHS program implementation and management and review of current safety work practices.
At Attune Foods, what matters most is what’s inside. That includes our caring and dedicated employees. We believe if you use quality ingredients that are consistently crafted by caring and talented team members, what results is high quality organic and Non-GMO granolas, cereals and snacks that are naturally delicious and nutritious. Attune Foods LLC, a part of Post Holdings, is proudly located in the Pacific Northwest in beautiful Eugene, Oregon.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork, time management and organizational skills, will be highly motivated, self-directed and accountable, and will have the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff across the organization.
If you’re looking for a career in an exciting company poised for growth, as an active and participating member of a cohesive and dynamic team, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Job duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provide support to EHS group with the various projects; including the creation and updating of existing training
- Assist in the development and review of environmental and safety training and policy documents
- Become familiar with online program management software: upload documents, update permits, complete and manage assigned tasks, assist others with technical support
- Conduct in-field inspections and provide assessment of findings to EHS group members
- Support a Behavior Based Safety Culture focused on Employee engagement and ownership of safety programs
- Updating and conversion of environmental and safety program documents and databases to electronic format
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required during the internship. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program in Environmental, Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Occupational Safety, or related field preferred
- Must be a college student; Junior Level in coursework, or above
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks of fulltime work
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, the Internet and computer aptitude. Working knowledge of Alchemy preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability work independently within set guidelines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
Susan Trout, PHR, SHRM-CP
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Attune Foods, LLC