- Type of Position: Research
- Requisition ID: 2023-22288
- Part-time, 10 hours/week, telework
- Salary: $15/hour
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, depending on school schedule
- See link for details.
The Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences is an independent research institute within OHSU that is dedicated to health and safety in the workplace. The Institute receives its base funding from the Oregon Workers’ Compensation Fund and leverages this base funding to secure federal government grants in basic, clinical, and applied research. The Institute performs biomedical/occupational research and innovation for a healthy workforce, to improve workers’ lives across the nation, particularly in Oregon.
The student will be working with the Oregon Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation Program, which conducts surveillance, investigation, and assessment of occupational fatalities in Oregon and produces safety materials to promote worker safety. OR-FACE investigations of fatal occupational incidents assess risk factors that include the working environment, the worker, activity, tools, energy exchange and role of management.
Function/Duties of Position
- Assisting with administrative outreach activities (e.g., website, social media, mailings)
- Conducting data entry, coding, and analysis
- Enrolled in or on vacation from or is otherwise registered in an undergraduate program (minimum 6 credit hours)
- Student currently working on a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency with computers running Windows and PC applications (e.g., MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to express and document ideas clearly and concisely in written communications;
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with a range of individuals from institutions and organizations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Experience with additional computer software (Adobe Suite, Common Spot, Tableau ,etc.) is highly desirable
- Work experience and/or coursework in public/ occupational health and/or research is desirable
- A solution-oriented approach to issues
- Excellent record of time management and setting appropriate priorities
Computer work, standing and sitting while using a computer. The position is remote, but occasional in-person team meetings will be preferred for local candidates.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.