Plus Excellent Benefits
Please refer to the job posting at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/ for a complete list of the responsibilities and duties for this position along with information on how to apply for this position.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Western States Division (WSD) aims to improve safety and health for workers through research and intervention development and assessment, as well as by providing technical assistance in the West in collaboration with other NIOSH assets and stakeholder groups.
NIOSH WSD is seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher to advance research on work-related injury and illness hazards among high-risk worker populations. Under the mentorship of other WSD researchers, the Post-Doctoral Researcher will:
- Review existing literature and data on occupational safety and health issues to help identify research priorities;
- Perform data entry, acquisition, and analysis on fatal and nonfatal work-related injuries and illnesses among workers in high-risk industries, such as aviation and maritime, by accessing databases at the WSD Anchorage office;
- Analyze data from a survey of aviation industry workers to identify risk factors for injury and illness outcomes;
- Draft written reports, create presentations, and produce scientific manuscripts describing the results of work-related injury and illness research in high-risk industries;
- Assist in the design and development of research projects; and
- Provide research support on other projects as needed.
Travel to a scientific conference will be provided (pending travel restrictions from COVID-19).
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated research experience; a variety of disciplines are relevant to the position. The candidate should have received a doctoral degree in epidemiology, public health, occupational safety and health, biostatistics, environmental health, economics, or a related field.
- Experience or knowledge of methods to conduct scientific literature reviews and media scans
- Experience or knowledge of various study designs
- Experience with analyzing data and interpreting, writing, and disseminating results of research projects
- A record of scientific productivity demonstrated by publications and presentations
- Experience with statistical software; Stata preferred
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
Anchorage, AK (currently on full-time telework due to COVID-19)
The position begins on September 1, 2020 for a minimum of one year, with a second year anticipated. Additional years may be possible contingent on performance and availability of funds.
Nature of Appointment
The researcher will be employed through a contractor, Synergy America, Inc. The contractor will provide compensation and benefits.
To Learn More
Contact Samantha Case (email@example.com) if interested or with questions.