The list of machines that are in the Office 2016 deployment collection for tonight can be found here (June 13 sheet): Office 2016 Device Upgrade List – By Date
The following was sent to all CN customers letting them know both the PC and Mac images now have Office 2016 as the default Office version.
As part of the transition off of older Microsoft Office versions for supported computers, Client Services has set Office 2016 as the standard Office version for new computer builds. This means when we pick up your new university owned Windows or Mac computer to configure, or your existing computer is rebuilt, you can expect it to be returned with Office 2016 unless you have a specific business need to keep an earlier version. You can expect to see a number of new features and updates to several of the existing features, such as:
Faster, easier ways to get data.
- Excel includes some exciting new features that provide fast, easy data gathering and shaping.
- New chart and graph options allow for greater flexibility in how data is displayed.
- Export linked data sources from Access into Excel.
More efficient email.
- Attach files from your recent items list.
- Faster and more reliable search capabilities.
Smart Lookup functionality.
- Highlight a word or phrase to discover related information from around the web.
- You can drag and drop links and images into your document or spreadsheet.
Tell Me search.
- For those who have felt lost among the endless options in Office applications, Tell Me could become your favorite new feature – you just have to tell it what you want to do.
- No digging through the Ribbon for functions.
- Look up commands using plain, intuitive language.
- Fewer issues with application stability due to a faster update cycle.
This update is in conjunction with the Office upgrades that are currently taking place for all Community Network supported Windows and Mac computers. If you have questions regarding the addition of Office 2016 to the standard computer build, please contact the Community Network Service Desk via phone at 7-8787 (Option 2) or via email at email@example.com.
Your Community Network Support Team
Oregon State University
We’ve just finished copying & verifying all of the data from the INTO NAS (used by the INTO Marketing group) over to a new SIG storage solution.
Previously, the data was on \\INTO-NAS\PUBLIC DISK\ (184.108.40.206). The data has now been moved to \\into.sig.oregonstate.edu\Marketing (or smb://into.sig.oregonstate.edu/Marketing on a Mac)
Access is granted via the CN\CN_INTO_RS_Marketing_Group security group, and is granted via Share permissions (customers get modify rights, our admin groups get owner rights)
The ticket on our end is @ is https://helpdesk.oregonstate.edu/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom&TicketID=385512