I am working on getting Service Desk technicians access to Box so that you can see what it looks like before it is implemented to campus in the Fall. More on this soon.
The Box community site provides a great deal of user-friendly documentation. Jade is currently working on an end-user HelpDoc, and we will be documenting some known issues soon.
Interviews for Extension Customers
In an effort to improve consistency, Ken Howard will be handling all computer interviews for Extension and AES customers for now. Lisa Gillis will assign the tickets to Ken.
If you see an Extension/AES interview ticket in the queue, please do the following:
- Set Ken Howard as Responsible
- Set the status to “In progress”
- Set the target date out 2 business days
If an Extension/AES customer calls in for an interview, please complete the interview via Build Tracker and then assign the ticket to Ken per the above.
Changes coming this Summer
Some of you may have heard about some organizational changes that our director Andrew Wheeler announced at the managers meeting this week. All full-time staff were invited although not quite everyone was able to attend. For student workers, this should not impact you greatly, but I encourage you to talk to your supervisor or manager if you have any concerns.
The intent of these changes is to help clarify roles within the Service Desk.
As a reminder, when we are done implementing the Service Desk, the following will be true:
- We will have a single phone/email point-of-contact for all services provided by Client Services (mostly done).
- Everyone will be able to get support at the walk-up, including Community Network customers with OSU machines.
- We will likely share tools for imaging machines.
- All students will clock hours against a single job.
- We will share one set of training materials and documentation.
- We will provide excellent service to our customers!
Communicating with CN customers
The customer survey went out today. I will close it on Tuesday, July 26, and should be able to include some results in the next issue of this digest.
Employee Satisfaction Survey
I sent a survey out to everyone currently working Call Center, Field and Bench. I am not quite ready to share the results of that survey, but I will do so soon. Thank you again to everyone who took the time to provide feedback.
I would still like to start up a weekly or bi-monthly game night, but I need a volunteer to help coordinate. Maybe we should make Jeff do it? He’s cheerful, right?
Service Desk Stats
Weekly Stats for 7/11/2016-7/15/2016
- Inbound Calls: 635
- Outbound Calls: 178
- Appointments: 78
- Computers built: 36
- Tickets created: 661
- Tickets processed same day: 76%
- Cascades jobs: 103
- Surveys: 31
- Average survey score: 4.7 out of 5
Know Thy Customer
Dr. Janine Trempy has been appointed the Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. Dr. Trempy is a professor in the Microbiology department and has been at OSU for 27 years. You can read about some of her research in Terra.