H5P (HTML5 Package) is a free online tool that allows you to create and upload, download, and share HTML5 interactive content using H5P.org or by installing a H5P plugin on Drupal, Moodle, or WordPress.
5 Steps to use H5P.org
- Go to https://h5p.org
- Click on “Create free account” [located in top right corner] and create a free H5P user account.
- Login to your H5P account with your username and password.
- Navigate to the “Examples & downloads” page and choose one of the H5P Content Types.
- Use the “clone content” feature to create a new piece of H5P content from one of the examples.
- Give the cloned content a title and adapt the cloned content to suit your needs.
- Choose from the list of H5P options to embed and download the newly created content.
- If there are no copyrights, uncheck the box next to the copyright button.
- Save the H5P content to your h5p.org account.
Once saved to your H5P account, you can embed the H5P content on a website, add it to a Canvas course Page or Module, or you can download a packaged h5p file and upload it to a Drupal, Moodle, or WordPress platform with an installed H5P plugin.
What Can You Make with H5P?
31+ HTML5 Interactive Content Types:
Games, Multimedia, Quizzes, etc.
See H5P Examples & Downloads
Please note that H5P has done what it has threatened to do this week (8/2020) and pulled many of its content activities from its free site (this week there is no more drag the words option, or timeline). It is still of course possible to create H5P content through a WordPress site, IF one has one (and it’s not clear to me that a free one works…??). I hope OSU is considering giving all faculty access to a WordPress of similar account that will allow us to make and store content to embed in our courses.