The incumbent will provide professional expertise in the fields of environmental science and related fields required to assess site-specific public health impacts of identified hazardous substances.
- Open & closing dates 09/16/2019 to 09/30/2019
- Service: Competitive
- Pay scale & grade: GS 11 – 12
- Salary: $65,448 to $105,052 per year
- Appointment type: Permanent
- Work schedule: Full-Time
2 vacancies in the following locations:
Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
To apply and learn more: click here
Telework eligible: Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties – The incumbent will provide professional expertise in the fields of environmental science and related fields required to assess site-specific public health impacts of identified hazardous substances.Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities- As a Environmental Health Scientist, you will:
Serve as an Environmental Health Scientist (within a multidisciplinary team) specifically responsible for evaluating, providing information, or developing hypotheses regarding the pathways of chemical exposure to humans.
Provide evaluation of imminent health threats associated with emergency releases of toxic and radioactive wastes and other chemical incidents.
Prepare and participate in the development of public health assessments, health consultations and/or related activities concerning potential or actual adverse health effects associated with exposure to chemicals and hazardous substances.
Participate in the evaluation of hazardous waste sites to include recommendations concerning site specific environmental and human biologic sampling strategies, selection of environmental surveillance protocols, radiation monitoring, and characterization of environmental pathways.
Travel Required25% or less – 25% Domestic travelSupervisory statusNoPromotion Potential12
- Job family (Series)