An ideal candidate is working towards gaining technical knowledge in various disciplines related to regulatory and industry requirements for health and safety.
Working in a team environment to find mutually agreeable and effective solutions in the safest manner possible,whiles supporting personnel, business needs, equipment, and the work environment.
- This position will be payrolled via agency.
- Champion workplace safety and provide leadership through communication, education and actions
- Assist in EHS training including, but not limited to: respiratory training and fit testing, fall protection, hazard communication, control of hazardous energies and ergonomics
- Assist in performing ergonomic analyses by collecting and interpreting data from employees and work environments; use various tools to evaluate risk and collaborate with teams to propose and develop realistic solutions
- Research and apply regulatory and industry safety codes, such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, SEMI, and ANSI
- Assist in performing PPE, industrial hygiene and other risk assessments, make recommendations and report on results
- Conduct incident investigations using root cause analysis to drive system improvements
- Contribute to site safety committee meetings, including manage closure of related action items
- Support the development of engineering and administrative controls to mitigate risk to target levels
- Cultivate internal and external customer relationships that drive implementation of safety systems or improvements that promote safe work habits
- Review and update EHS policies, procedures and best known methods (BKMs) throughout the organization
- Provide safety coaching for employees and leadership for regional safety activities and initiatives
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science in engineering, chemistry, biology, industrial hygiene, safety or closely related field.
Job duties may be performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional overnight travel to TEL factory, training facilities and customer locations maybe required.
Apply on company website