Foundation Directory Online Professional provides access to an unprecedented wealth of timely, comprehensive information on grantmakers and their grants.
- Access the entire universe of over 108,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S., plus a growing number of non-U.S. grantmakers from around the world
- Discover over 4,000 sponsoring companies, offering a quick pathway to corporate funders
- View over 1 million recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF as well as 3 million recently awarded grants
- Find additional information such as news, jobs, RFPs, grantmaker-sponsored research reports, and nonprofit literature.
- Search across a funder’s grants with customized search indexes
- Map a funder’s grants for any given year by recipient type or primary subject and view disbursements by county, city, ZIP code, or congressional district
- Chart a funder’s grants for any given year by recipient type or primary subject and view disbursements by secondary and tertiary category
- Sign up to receive funder-specific e-mail alerts;
- Search Simultaneously across all four primary Foundation Directory Online databases as well as philanthropy news, nonprofit jobs, RFPs, foundation publications, and nonprofit literature databases
Sources of Information:
- The data in Foundation Directory Online is compiled from IRS information returns (Forms 990 and 990-PF), grantmaker web sites, annual reports, printed application guidelines, the philanthropic press, and various other sources. In all, the Foundation Center’s editorial staff continually monitors more than 35 diverse information sources to verify the details. The editorial team is also in frequent communication with grantmakers nationwide through telephone calls, surveys, and electronic reporting.