This tool is great for Instructor to Student interaction either to show a quick demonstration or for office hours use. Students to Student interaction for group collaboration work. Student to Instructor/Students for a project presentation.
- Voice/Video communication up to 10 people.
- Most everyone has a google account
- Google Docs Integration
- Use with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, iOS Devices, Android Phones)
- Dial in a guest speaker via phone
- Install Plugin
If students don’t want to use their personal account or share personal information, have them create an alias account under a different name or email address.
Here’s what the Google Hangout interface looks like
On Air, this is a new feature that google just added, so not everyone will have it yet. It will allow:
- Real-time streaming of your google hangout up to 10 people viewable to anyone on the Internet.
- Allows viewers to interact with the hangout via chat interface.
- Upon completion the video broadcast will be recorded and stored on youtube for viewing.
So you don’t have On Air on your account, how do you record your Google Hangout session?
5 Free Tools for Recording Google+ Hangouts