Blackboard will be upgraded to version 9.1 in time for Fall term 2011.
Although there will be some minor cosmetic changes, basic functioning in the most frequently used areas of Blackboard (i.e. discussion board, grade center) will remain the same.
New features to look for include:
- Grading in blogs and journals
- New content creation menus
- Accessibility improvements for multimedia
- Mashups – ability to embed Flickr, Slideshare, YouTube content
- Ability to move assignments and tests within a course site
If you want to see these new features in more detail, view this 7 minute tutorial.
Blackboard 9.1 Overview