Winter week one

I completed the Minigame project from Tencent during the winter vacation. Although our team did not win the first place, this is my first game. I am very happy that I can complete a minigame of my own before graduation. Although the game content and operation methods are somewhat simple, it took us nearly four months. I believe this project will help me in my resume and life experience. When working on this project, what impressed me the most was not when I was writing game code or drawing character models. A week has passed since the end of the project, and I still remember the interview after the project was completed. The interviewer asked me a very simple question. He asked me why I chose to work in the game industry. I had many official answers in my mind at the time, but I chose to be who I am. I told the interviewer that because I love games and I like the satisfaction and happiness that the game world brings to me, I hope to join a game design company and contribute my strength to designing games. Such an answer is obviously impossible for companies in China to pass the interview, but I think I just love games, so I chose to study abroad to study computer science and game design. I don’t want to answer some official words just because I get an internship opportunity.
The interviewer also asked me a question, if I could enter the game design industry, what kind of career would I choose? As a game planner, I think game system planning is very suitable for me, but system planning requires a lot of experience. System planning includes the core gameplay of the game, which is the outline of the entire game. Obviously, the interviewer thought that I was not qualified, so my winter vacation interview journey ended. From the beginning to the end of the entire project, I think that as a programmer and game enthusiast, love and focus are important motivations for achieving goals. Let us enjoy the game together and love life.

(My minigame home page)