Week 9 Blog

This week, I made a very important mistake. Regarding the prototype of the team project, our team found that it was a four-week assignment until the ninth week. We need to complete a simple game demo video within these four weeks. However, my oculus quest device was still not available, so the biggest problem I faced this week was to write a project without a debugging device. Under normal circumstances, I use Unity on the computer to write game scripts and development. When the game is initially formed, I can directly use the computer to run the game. When I need to package or move a game program to a mobile phone, Unity can also help me package the game. Players can play directly on Android phones or computer emulators through APK format files. But the problem I encountered this time was that when I wrote the program, I could not enter the game screen through the VR device. When I created a 3D project in Unity and made the scene, I couldn’t play in the game. As a result, the originally flying block cannot be moved, and the behavior of the player using the VR handle sensor to break the block cannot be shown in the game. I can only use the Unity canvas to get to the scenes I made and the boxes that won’t move.
In order to make games and record demo videos without test equipment, it took me a lot of time. Originally, I found that the time of this homework was already relatively late, which made it more difficult for me who was not rich in time. The only good thing is that I still have two teammates, they have already got Oculus equipment. They are willing to help me complete this demo video. I just need to write the game code to the best possible VR scene. In this way, they will not encounter too many problems when testing. Because what I am responsible for on the project is that the VR handle sensor can produce different frequencies of vibration when the player hits the block. So I still have to wait for the oculus device to arrive before I can develop the project. This incident made me discover that the homework must be checked in advance, otherwise, I never know when the homework will start or end.