Week 8 blog

This week I reviewed my own and another team’s project. I found that everyone did not consider the real factor when formulating the project development process and the specific details of the project. Everyone directly put their ideas into the project and did not specify what tools or code to use to achieve this function. The value of a creative project is definitely higher than other projects, but when the project is developed, unrealized functions will cause the project to progress slowly. I also had a similar problem when I was working on my own project. We used Unity as the game engine. This is a 2D level breakthrough and decryption game. One of the levels allows the player to obtain a rope through certain conditions. The player can use the rope to swing over the cliff. The difficulty of this operation is not to make the rope, but to set the fixed point of the rope and calculate the player’s gravity and acceleration. When the player uses the rope to swing this action, the picture in the game needs to perfectly match the player’s operation. Due to the amount of calculation and the number of frames required for the picture is too large, we have to give up this feature. It took us a lot of time to study the function of ropes, and we finally used the construction box to replace the ropes.
For the iteration of the game version and the repair of BUG, ​​this also takes a lot of time, so it is very necessary to make a good plan before program development. The project we received at school is about nine weeks, and for a very simple VR rhythm game, this time is completely enough. The project is scheduled for three months to make a plan, three months to develop code and three months to optimize the game. Game jam is a 72-hour fast production game competition. Participants must complete a creative game within three days. Game jam has very demanding requirements for programs and art. The planner needs to arrange these 72 hours reasonably, so time planning is very important before doing the project. At the end of the blog is a picture of my Minigame after the second iteration, in which we added backgrounds and other levels.