TD EHS Engineer
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow! Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs, and, factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel’s commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets, and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use, and waste generation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Providing data & developing equipment solutions to enable virtual factory safety and industrial hygiene program compliance for process technology transfers.
– Maintaining strong partnerships across the VF network and with appropriate regulatory agencies.
– Coordinating chemical approvals for their use across Intel Operation sites.
– Conducting technical equipment assessments to determine the EHS program impacts of new or transferring materials or equipment.
– Complying with all applicable regulations, government requirements, and Intel policies/programs.
– Influencing organizations to maintain EHS program compliance.
– Teaming with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and global level to share learning, increase innovation, and drive synergy throughout Intel.
– Partnering with the site, regional, and global stakeholders to increase EHS program awareness, tracking compliance, analyzing and driving continuous improvement efforts.
– Preparing and submit required EHS reports, indicators, and recommendations with a high degree of quality.
– Using data analysis to develop and design solutions and/or to address trends.
– Conduct technical assessments such as chemical, noise, lighting surveys, radiation, indoor air quality, and other relevant workplace exposure assessments.
– Conduct audits of applicable EHS programs and provides written reports of findings and recommendations for improvement to ensure compliance with all Intel standards as well as federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
– Keep abreast of new and existing relevant laws, rules and regulations, and take actions appropriate to ensure timely compliance and communication to appropriate departments.
– Serve as the liaison with local, state, and federal agencies establishing a strong partnership and oversee the response to any inquiries or inspections.
– Understand the legal record retention guidelines for EHS documents and ensure they are in place followed.
– Identify, evaluate, and recommend new strategic, creative approaches to safety and industrial hygiene.
– Provide strategic EHS direction and leadership to all EHS initiatives and business partners.
– Lead and influence teams, lead incident investigations, and work closely with key customers on EHS initiatives.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Stakeholder/ Customer management.
Willingness to communicate (verbal, written, and electronic) with all levels of management and individuals of diverse disciplines and cultural backgrounds.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
3+ years of experience (for Bachelor’s) or 2+ years of experience (for Master’s) in Synthesizing and reporting technical safety and Industrial Hygiene requirements.
3+ years of experience with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)
Ergonomic and/or Fire Safety compliance.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP); or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation.
Management Systems Experience.
Regulatory standards applicable (i.e. process safety, laser, and radiation safety) to EHS compliance
Inside this Business Group
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art — from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
EHS, Industrial Hygiene position at Intel