Samuel, Bench crew, Jim Galloway, Max Schmidt and others have worked hard to get us ready for Windows 10 build and deployments to customer machines. Many thanks for that hard work!
I am happy to report that the Bench and Endpoint Management Team are ready to start building Windows 10 machines without scratch builds!
Windows 10 is default OS for the following items
– Apple Bootcamp – Windows side
– Any tablet that will support Windows 10
Customers can request Windows 10, as long as the hardware supports it.
Starting Monday November 9th, 2015
Testing on OSU Enterprise systems (Data Warehouse, Banner, Nolij, etc.) has gone well
To avoid getting behind on versions of Windows
Customers are asking for Windows 10
New devices are already coming with Windows 10
Windows 10 is very similar to Windows 7 so the transition will be easier
A good portion of our staff and machines already use Windows 10
We won’t be able to test every piece of software our customers utilize and need to address those as they come up
Patching method – Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB)
Version – Windows 10 Enterprise
What can you expect to help the transition?
- Communication to CN customer Local Resource People (LRPs) at least
- Documentation on Helpdocs
- What is different
- Transition guides from MS if available
- Windows 10 as a selection in the E-interview system
- Internal documentation on ITKnowS
- Differences in Windows 10