Industrial Safety Program Internship – Portland, OR
Calbag Metals, $14/hour – part time
Calbag Metals is seeking an intern to help us with a Safety Program project. The intern will be tasked with helping Calbag modernize its Safety Program by moving from a paper to a digital medium. This is a great opportunity for Business, Occupational Safety and Health, and/or Management majors with an interest in learning about the administration of a safety program within an industrial environment.
The intern will work closely with our Environmental Compliance Director and Production Manager, reviewing, consolidating, and digitizing our Safety Program using the G-Suite platform. Intern shall receive training related to business program design and the use of G-Suite tools to satisfy business needs. Intern will be exposed to: 1) industrial business operations; 2) industrial safety program requirements; 3) project management; and 4) use of advanced G-Suite features to digitize business operations. Intern is expected to provide: 1) modern computer experience; 2) excellent organizational skills; 3) an inquisitive, creative mind.
This is a part-time, paid internship requiring 16-24 hrs/wk over 6-12 weeks.
- Pursuing or obtained a degree in Business Management or Safety Health Applied Science (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of G-Suite (formerly Google Apps)
- Understanding of industrial processes and heavy equipment
- Understanding of computer file management
- Ability to categorize and organize a large amount of information with accuracy and precision
- Intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Basic understanding of website design
Calbag is an at-will employer. Internship will be contingent of background check and drug screening
Think you could be part of our Calbag Team?
Submit your resume and cover letter
No calls or walk-ins
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $14.00 /hour