Lane County Public Health has reopened an opportunity for an Environmental Health Specialist (1 or 2 position B028/B029). This is a full time permanent assignment.
This position is primarily responsible for conducting health inspections of restaurants, mobile units, hotels, motels, pools, spas, small drinking water systems, as well as other licensed and non-licensed facilities by the Lane County Public Health Environmental Health program. One of the essential functions of the position is to travel within Lane County to complete scheduled site visits and inspections.
Please share the following career opportunity in Lane County, located in Eugene, Oregon. Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply. The opportunity closes on Monday, December 23rd, 2019.
· Service: a drive to be of service to others
· Ethics: a clear understanding of right and wrong which guides actions
· Focus: an ability to set goals and to use them every day to guide actions
· Responsibility: a need to assume personal accountability for your work
· Performance orientation: a need to be objective and to measure performance
· Problem solving: an ability to think things through with incomplete data
· Creativity: an ability to break existing configurations in favor of more effective/appealing ones
· Interpersonal: an ability purposely capitalize upon relationships
· Persuasion: an ability to persuade others logically
· Courage: an ability to use emotion to overcome resistance
For more information and to apply, visit www.Lanecounty.org/jobs
Lane County Government offers generous benefits. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, flanked on both sides by towering forests, the Eugene-Springfield metropolitan area provides a thriving urban center for residents and visitors alike. Learn more about why people choose to work for Lane County.