New protein!

The uncertainty and ambiguity of the structure of dystrophin has finally hit me as being impossibly hard to build. Abstract freedom with designing a protein that has yet to be fully figured out is scary. In conclusion, I decided to choose a new protein. Unfortunately, pikachurin‘s structure has yet to be discovered, and  so I settled with a  new protein of choice, dronpa. It is a man-made protein mutant of green fluorescent proteins from coral. I thought its ability to switch from a fluorescent to non-fluorescent state was pretty sweet. Maybe I’ll use glow in the dark material to make my protein.

This entry was posted in Student posts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply