Committee Work—All Extension BBQ Dinner
Currently, the Oregon State University Extension Association (OSUEA) and the Oregon (Gamma) Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) co-host this event. The purpose of the BBQ is to start the OSU Extension Annual Conference off with a bang; to gather in an informal setting; meet new faculty and staff; meet retirees and much more. It is a fun event for all associated with Oregon Extension.
Facility Rental (current location—Benton County Fairgrounds)
- The Benton County Fairgrounds has been the “best fit” for a facility for this event for many years. A contract with the BC Fairgrounds needs to be completed as early in the calendar year as possible. Nonprofit, 501(c) organizations are eligible to receive a 30% discount on facility rental fees. OSUEA has received this discount for many years—the BBQ Planning Committee needs to check each year to see if there are any changes to the discount policy. There are non-discounted fees for equipment (e.g. chairs, tables, stage, etc.) needed for the event in excess of what is provided as part of the facility rental fee. Handy websites include: Benton County Fairgrounds and Benton County Fairgrounds Facilities Rental Form
- 2018 Facility Reservation Form – Confirmation Materials
Event Insurance (currently through The Event Helper)
- The Benton County Fairgrounds requires that all events be covered by general liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 per occurrence including bodily injury and property damage and $3,000,000 General Aggregate. The Fairgrounds Office must receive a copy of the endorsement adding Benton County, Benton County Fair Board, its officers and employees as additional insured at least 30 days prior to the rental date. For a number of years, OSUEA has secured this insurance through The Event Helper.
- 2018 Insurance Proposal-Application-Receipt
No-Host Bar Beverage Service (currently through Oregon Beverage Service)
- All events (at the Benton County Fairgrounds) serving alcohol must contract with one of the Fairgrounds Preferred Vendors. For a number of years, OSUEA has been contracting with Oregon Beverage Services (a Fairgrounds Preferred Vendor).
- 2018 Oregon Beverage Service Materials
Potential Fundraising (currently a Bucket Raffle) helps cover event costs
- The proceeds from the Bucket Raffle and a portion of the cost of the dinner goes to OSUEA to help defray event costs including: the rental charge for the facility, cost of event insurance and the fee related to having the Oregon Beverage Company on-site. The other portion of the cost of the dinner goes to Oregon’s ESP chapter to cover BBQ dinner expenses. The bucket raffle fundraiser will provide “treasurers” for many to take home. All Extension faculty and staff are encouraged to bring an item, or basket of items to donate to the fundraiser.
- 2018 Materials related to Department of Justice approval for a Bucket Raffle
- 2018 Materials related to Oregon Liquor Control Commission approval for inclusion of alcohol in the Bucket Raffle
- General Tips on Conducting a Bucket Raffle in Oregon
Event Logistics (details related to event set-up, evening program, etc.)
BBQ Dinner/Meal Details (in cooperation with Oregon Gamma Chapter ESP)
Committee Work—Cooperator Awards Reception and Banquet
Committee Work—Breakfast and Awards Program
Committee Work—OSUEA Annual Membership Meeting
Updated: August 2018