First Code Review

This week we have a code review where we have to review what we created for this previous sprint. This previous sprint as scrum master I was tasked with creating the header for the website for both designs being created this week. For this I just built the one that I thought that had the most complexities, for the other version some changes are needed and it may be made with some removals.

For the header this week I reviewed the standard layout of the Shopify “theme.liquid” file (1). This file is the main file that contains most of the theme’s sections starting with the header section that I want to change for this week. For the first header design the plan is to have from left to right to have an ATF logo, name of the farm, farm address, map (2), and navigation bar (3). To do this I need to convert the photo we have to a “.svg” type file that creates a more efficient image with vectors (4). Next I created a “style.css” sheet to be preloaded in the header for the design of the header. This style css file is where the positions and colors for theme’s header are set. This worked at one point, and then somewhere down the line stopped working, and I may address this in our next meeting since I am confident another team member may have some helpful insight.

Next I created a “header.liquid” section file for the header content (5). Looking forward, I would like to connect this header section file with the content variable for the header section, and that is because I have yet to integrate that content variable. This “header.liquid” file is made in conjunction with the “theme.liquid” and in placed in the header with the “{% section ‘header’ %}” section command referencing the class tag. This header is going to carry many settings for across all pages, this is done to organized, and for reducing repetitive code. This new directory for the theme, called sections will allow us to access global objects, with special liquid tags. This header section liquid file may also be created for a section such as the footer.

Last of all, I worked with themekit briefly on my system, by connecting the API, and changing settings to be able to create new themes from my command line.