Ticket Status Changes – Use “Closed-Survey”
Please read Lucas’ post on recent changes to ticket statuses in TeamDynamix. With this change, the standard status for ticket closure is now “Closed – Survey”. If you use “Closed” the requestor will explicitly NOT be surveyed. We chose this wording to avoid confusion for customers.
Reminder: when closing a ticket, please make sure that the customer knows the issue is being closed. If you are not sure, update the ticket and notify the customer to say you are closing the ticket as resolved. Then set the status to “Closed – Survey”.
ITKnows Moving to TeamDynamix KB
We are starting to move articles from ITKnows to the TeamDynamix Knowledge Base. I have met with several techs to walk through the TD KB, and feedback has been largely positive.
The ITKnows articles will be updated with a note indicating they have been moved and a link to the new article location. Everyone should have access to the TD KB – please let me know if you do not.
How to use the KB:
- To access the KB, go to the TD login page, select the Client portal, then click on “Knowledge Base”.
- You can also access the KB from within the TDNext portal. Click on the application waffle and choose “Knowledge Base”.
- Please read the following for more information about writing articles, submitting articles, categories and templates: How to Write a KB Article
Some things to note about TD’s KB:
- We will be able to keep all of our internal documentation and customer-facing documentation in one place.
- Articles have ID numbers which are included in the URL.
- We can assign article owners and set reminders to review content.
- You can only search for published articles in the search box at the top. To find unpublished articles, Click on “Articles Pending Review”.
I will prepare a short training document on the TD KB soon. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Banner Browser Compatibility
Banner INB does not work with Firefox Rapid Release (52) or newer. We can help customers install Firefox ESR, or encourage them to use Internet Explorer or Safari.
The following information has been added to the Banner InfoSheet:
- Recommended: The vendor recommends using the latest versions of either Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Notes for Firefox:
- Firefox ESR 52 (x86) should work until about 3/5/2018.
- Firefox Rapid Release (52) and newer do NOT support NPAPI plug-ins and will not work.
- Firefox (x64) does not support NPAPI plug-ins and will not work.
- Chrome does NOT work.
- Edge does NOT work.
Ricoh Pop-up Drivers
We have had a couple of departments contact us today needing to set up the pop-up drivers for new Ricoh copier/scanners. This enables the end-user to enter a code that is used for billing purposes.
See \\is-cifs\Utilities\Ricoh\Ricoh_PCL6_Universal_Popup\188.8.131.52 for the latest version of the popup driver.
For more information, please see ticket 2796818.