The Ricoh copier swaps for campus started yesterday and will continue for the next few weeks. I will be cleaning-up the aftermath as much as I can onsite for campus departments, but the Service Desk will be getting calls from Extension sites, users who were out of the office at the time of the swap, and any other stragglers.
If a user calls in after the swap to get help with getting the new copier added, or getting the old copier removed, just create a standard Service Request and process it as you would any other printer ticket.
I will make an effort to dump the initial ticket for the departments to be swapped on a given day into the sd-callcenter channel in Slack, but if you need find a specific ticket I created a ticket report in TD named ‘SD – Ricoh Copier Swap’ that should have all of the initial tickets in it.
Template hub was repaired – Monday February 27th, 2017 @12:10pm.
Template hub is having problems for some people today – Monday February 27th, 2017.
The server was restarted this weekend to apply security patches. and this was an item didn’t get tested.
I added following templates in TD this morning.
Category – “SD-Field”
– “PC Placement checklist”
– “MAC placement checklist”
Category – “SD- Bench”
– “Checkoff Complete”
If you need additional templates, please let Lucas Friedrichsen know.
The Ricoh copier lease contract for the campus is expiring and a new purchase process has been implemented. Ricoh representatives will be working with the Printing and Mailing office to facilitate the transition of the currently deployed copiers with the newer models. The current arrangement we have with P&M to handle copiers in departments we support is as follows:
- The new copier arrives at P&M for staging.
- The configuration for the existing printer is copied via the network and applied to the new copier by a Ricoh technician.
- A ticket is created in TD for the copier swap (either by me or by the copier contact in the department).
- I enter the new copier in in Cyder, create a new print queue, and spin up a new security group (or rename the one for the old copier if applicable).
- The placement of the new copier is arranged with the department it is going to and the copier contact in the department is supposed to notify me (this may come in to TD as a standard Service Request).
- The copier is delivered and installed by a Ricoh technician.
- I update the queue if needed and have the new GPO is applied to the appropriate OU.
- Windows users should see the new copier after a restart and not see the old copier. Mac users will need to be reconfigured manually.
Any tickets regarding the swap from previously leased Ricoh copiers to the newly purchased models that are generated by a user contacting us should be assigned to me in TD.
Background – A “data breach notification” email went to customers today from a Security Analyst in the Information Security office.
A service called CloudFlare was impacted.
Per standard procedure, please call the customer first. If you don’t connect with them, leave a voicemail and send them the e-mail template.
Ticket update / e-mail template
That has been added to the ticket update templates under “Spam/phishing” called “Data breach 2-24-2017”
The contents of that e-mail template is below. A standard response for discussions with customers/e-mail template is below.
As expressed in the voice mail I left you, this is a legitimate concern. The message about “data breach” is legitimate.
A key common technology used by the list of websites you saw in the email was compromised. We recommend changing the passwords on those sites if you use *any* of them. Our previous message by no means implies you use all of those sites, you do probably use at least one of them.
If used the same password for any other account, including your Oregon State account, please change your password for those accounts as well.
Please give us a call if you have questions or need further information.
The master ticket is here:
Please link tickets to it.
Langton hall will be moving to the new core network this evening. This is a relatively small migration (around 40 hosts and three printers), covering Kidspirit and BPHS. After the move, hosts for either department should end up in the CN_IRS or CN_Printers container, in the “Small buildings” site (this “site” covers buildings not large enough to have their own switch). More details are available in the TD ticket, #2683198.