This fund is designed to help faculty and staff gain the knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviors to enhance Extension education programs and services.
The fund is able to support a LOT of opportunities! Everyone is eligible to apply — as long as they have at least a .25 FTE and the other funding criteria are met!
Other Funding Criteria
- At least 50% matching funds available from other sources.
- Application submission precedes date of event.
- There is no limit to the number of applications accepted from an individual.
- A total limit of $1,000 will be awarded to an individual in one calendar year.
- Awarded funds must be used within one year of award.
Activity also must support one or more of the following five strategic objectives and priorities:
- Improve OSU Extension’s ability to reach culturally diverse audiences.
- Enhance faculty members’ proficiency with impact evaluation and reporting.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of office and program support staff through new and improved practices.
- Develop ability to make decisions and positively influence diverse groups and individuals.
- Invest in lifelong learning of faculty and staff through undergraduate and advanced degrees.
For complete information and application form, see: OSU Extension Professional Development Fund
“Growing the Fund”
Extension faculty and staff may help “GROW the Fund” at any time during the year.
Keep the following in mind:
- The principal of the OSU Extension Professional Development Fund is an endowment.
- The earnings from the endowment feeds into the current-use-fund.
- Each quarter, the amount in the current-use-fund pays for the professional development requests selected for funding.
- The fund supports on average, about 100-160 different professional development opportunities a year.
The two ways individuals may currently contribute throughout the year are:
- Through payroll deduction (deductions could range from $5.00 a month to any larger amount)
- Through individual contributions (payable by check or credit card)
- Either of these types of contributions may be processed on-line through the OSU Foundation
- Contributions may be made to one or both of the following funds, indicate percentage (%) as you complete the on-line process.
- 6220-820450 OSU Extension Professional Development Fund (Endowment Fund)
- 4100-820450 OSU Extension Professional Development Fund (Current Use Fund)
Updated: March 2018