The Oregon State University Extension Association (OSUEA) is a Mutual Benefit with Members/Domestic Nonprofit Corporation on file with the Oregon Secretary of State—Corporation Division.
This means the following must happen:
- Articles of Incorporation and any amendments are on file with the Oregon Secretary of State (Corporation Division).
- Each year an Annual Report with fee is filed in a timely manner. Part of the Annual Report is updating information like current Registered Agent, President, Secretary.
A bit of history related to OSUEA:
- Incorporated and then filed with the State of Oregon Department of Commerce/Corporation Division in 1972 under the name: Oregon Extension Association. The registry date is noted as 04/27/1973.
- The Articles of Incorporation were amended to reflect the name: Oregon State University Extension Association in 1985.
- The Articles of Incorporation were amended to reflect agreement with two sections of the By-Laws in 2017.
- OSUEA is a Mutual Benefit” corporation which means a corporation which is organized to provide benefits for their members or a small group of people, and does not come within the definition of public or religious corporation. These corporations are not tax-exempt under 501 (c) (3), but may be tax-exempt under some other section of law.
- OSUEA is registered with the IRS as a Tax-Exempt organization (currently file yearly a Form 990-N (e-Postcard). OSUEA is registered under the name: Oregon Extension Association d/b/a: Oregon State University Extension Association-OSUEA.
- Appropriate past records and paperwork is housed in the OSU Archives under: OSU Extension Association Records, 1971-1999.
- All funds handled through OSUEA are in the Oregon State Credit Union.
Updated: March 2018