Image by Anastasia Gepp from Pixabay.
Worldwide, the car has allowed easier access to remote places. In fact, average journey times to regularly visited places have increased in large cities, as a result of widespread car adoptions. This is due to the increase in distance between home and work brought about by urban development and high standards of daily activities.
When it comes to having a vehicle as a college student, there are several advantages to how it can positively affect the productivity and lifestyle of a student.
First and foremost is the flexibility and freedom a car affords. Having a car in college can lead to some really fun times. Cross-country road trips in the summer, getaway weekends, and nights out on the town are all easier for students who bring a car to campus.
You’ll no longer be dependent on other drivers when you’re making plans. And, of course, your commute to campus is likely to be a bit shorter; so hitting the snooze button a few times won’t ruin your morning.
Owning a car in college can help you make and save money. Since you can commute a little further, you’ll be able to consider a wider selection of off-campus jobs. And with all that carrying capacity, you can tackle a week’s worth of grocery shopping in a single day.
Hence, this article is set to give you basic tips and advice about how to ship a car from its destination to your campus easily and affordably – without stress!
1. Don’t waste your time driving
Driving might be fun sometimes but when It comes to driving for a very long distance It is advisable to play it safe.
Driving your car from your home is advisable if your home is closer to your school. However, if your school is in another state or country, driving your car over is a lot of work and puts a lot of wear on your car. Hence, shipping your car saves you a lot of time and keeps your car in working condition.
2. Plan your shipment
Your shipment process will be a success only if you plan ahead. If you’re shipping your car, plan the arrival date appropriately.
The time it takes to deliver a car depends largely on the distance the driver needs to travel. So, it’s best to ship your car to your school a few days early – but not too early since you must be at school to pick it up.
Don’t forget to contact the college about registering your vehicle for school parking! In most cases, they don’t need to see the vehicle – by knowing your VIN and ownership information, you may even be able to get this set up ahead of time.
3. Choose a shipping method that fit your budget
As a student planning to ship your vehicle from point A to B, it’s important to know the different types of shipping options that are available in order to decide the cost-effective one that suits your budget.
Below is the list of shipping methods available you can decide to choose anyone that goes well with your budget.
- Door-to-door shipping or terminal-to-terminal: This service offers you convenience by having the driver come directly to your location, as long as conditions permit. If the driver cannot meet you at your door, then he will meet you at the closest retail parking lot.
However, the terminal-to-terminal option means you’ll have to drive your car to the auto transporter’s terminal and pick it up at the terminal in your new location too. Of course, this is cheaper than the door-to-door service.
- Open carrier transport: This is one of the most budget-friendly options for shipping your car. It’s the most common transport option and also the most affordable. Several vehicles are transported at once, in an open truck – hence the reduced price.
In fact, with this option, it’s easy for college students to get car shipping carriers that offer cheap car shipping services, reliable logistics, and timely delivery.
- Enclosed auto transport: The enclosed shipping option is more expensive because the car receives a higher level of protection. The vehicle is not exposed to weather, environmental elements, or road hazards. In addition, a hydraulic lift system may be utilized to load and unload the car. Owners of luxury, classic and exotic vehicles tend to choose this service. However, this option is available to any customer regardless of the type of car you own.
You want to take care of your car because it has to last you the next four years. Driving a long distance to school adds mileage to your vehicle. This means that it puts unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle. Not many college kids have brand new cars, so keeping down the mileage is key. If your school is far from home, or you’re planning a relocation, it’s highly advisable to employ the service of an auto transporter to keep your vehicle safe and healthy.
Thanks for reading…