Egypt is a destination that attracts many tourists from all over the world. Regardless of whether you want to visit the country for its historical importance, architectural wonders such as the pyramids or the local food, it can be useful to know some tricks to save on Egypt vacations .
Organizing your vacation can become extremely complicated, especially if they don’t know the right tools, ending up paying more than necessary or not being able to visit all the places you want. Let’s see below some tips for a stellar Egypt vacation, spending less.
Which cities to visit in Egypt?
Before seeing how to save, let’s talk about the places to visit in Egypt. These are so many, which is why you may have uncertainties and doubts about what to do. Plus, you often don’t have enough time to do everything you want, which is why it’s even more important to have clear ideas about what to choose.
Here are some places not to be missed in Egypt:
- Luxor. Defined as the largest open-air museum in the world, following its location near the ancient city of Thebes, Luxor is undoubtedly a destination of great historical and cultural value, where you can see the Karnak complex and the Kings’ Valley.
- Aswan. A key city for the defense of ancient Egypt, Aswan has played a key role in economic and political terms for thousands of years.
- Marsa Alam. In the past a small fishing village, today Marsa Alam is a tourist destination bathed by the Red Sea where it is possible to admire various marine beauties, such as the coral reef.
- Dahab. Definable as a lost jewel in the desert, Dahab is the right destination for those who want to immerse themselves completely in Arab culture.
- Sharm El Sheikh. Undoubtedly one of the most visited destinations in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh does not need many introductions. Hotels, restaurants and luxury resorts are the masters and are the reason why many decide to spend their holidays here.
- Cairo. Impossible not to include in the list the heart of Egypt, Cairo, the capital with over 10 million inhabitants. Despite the modernization of recent years, the city still allows you to breathe the Egyptian culture, especially if you go near the pyramids.
It should be noted that there are two possibilities to visit the places presented above. The first is to stay for at least one night each city, moving around the country using public transport or private shuttles. This option is suitable for the more adventurous people.
The second option is dedicated to those who prefer to have a more relaxing holiday. Several Nile cruises companies make a week-long journey stopping every day at one of the locations listed above.
How to save money for a trip to Egypt.
Book your vacation in advance. The first rule to save for your trip to Egypt is to book in advance. Despite this, how early? Usually, it is recommended at least three months in advance, however it is possible to find affordable offers up to two weeks before departure.
Pay by card. Most locations in Egypt allow you to pay by card. The local currency is the Egyptian pound. The euro has a higher value; however, it is not recommended to exchange cash. The best exchange rates are those accessible by paying directly with your credit or debit card.
Choose an all-inclusive package. The last option to save is to opt for an all-inclusive vacation package. Usually, these packages include various guided excursions and overnight stays in different locations, at a lower price. Some of these special packages can be booked via the following link with full assistance and a free itinerary. Customize your trip now: with Luxor and Aswan Travel.