3 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 jalapeno or serrano, chopped
1 can of corn
Butter or cooking oil, to taste
1/4 teaspoon of oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and cut all vegetables.
- Melt butter or heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes or until they are soft and clear.
- Add the chopped jalapeno or serrano (optional) and chopped tomato, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomato has softened.
- Add the chopped zucchini and a can of corn. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Cover the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the zucchini is soft. If you prefer a soupier consistency, add a little bit of water, chicken, or vegetable broth.
- Serve hot, and top with cheese or sour cream if desired.
- If you don’t want your dish too spicy, remove the seeds from the peppers before chopping.
- To make the dish vegan, use oil instead of butter.
- You can also add cotija cheese and sour cream as toppings once the dish is served.