Final Project planning

My group selected escape room for our final project and we’ve just kicked off the project planning phase. Now that we actually have to flesh it out, I feel like I am struggling to come up with good concepts. I only did one escape room in real life, and I actually don’t remember the story of it at all, I only remember that the puzzles were difficult lol. Since I couldn’t come up with any good ideas, I felt like coming up with the puzzles first would be helpful. Luckily my group has done a bunch of escape rooms.

I think the main issue is that when I think about escape rooms, I just think about horror games. I’m actually too chicken to play horror games but I like to watch play throughs of them. The only thing that comes to mind when I’m trying to think of stuff for this project is Resident Evil: Village and the puzzles that were in that. Obviously, I did not play it but I watched someone else play through the whole game on youtube.

This week I attempted to start up a project in Unity since this program we have decided to use to create our VR game. I had a really difficult time trying to get it off the ground…. granted I only watched one 10 minute video before attempting to create a scene. I hope to actually watching some tutorials or do some beginner courses this weekend.

In other news, I am completing my first week at my new job. I now work at a software company and it’s a much different culture than where I previously was. I previously worked at an R&D/manufacturing autonomous air taxi company and there were a lot of things to think about when it came to the technology stack. At the software company it is all saas and cloud based which I enjoy. I’m still getting the hang out of things and learning the environment but it has been a good change for me. We will be doing sprint planning and I’ll actually get to be involved in using the product and testing the product.

Since I just came back from Winter break along with a long 4 week vacation in between jobs, I am still trying to get back into the swing of things with work and school at the same time. Hoping to get into a rhythm soon!