Project Update

I think I finally had a major breakthrough with my Unity project. I’ve spent a lot of the previous weeks working on the room structure and just making it look nice with assets, but this last week I spent almost all of my time on scripting. I started to really put in thought on how to implement my puzzles for the Escape Room and started scripting it out as well. I added the main Game Manager that would hold all the statuses of my puzzles. The most useful video for that was this video on singletons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6cKPfUTrsA

Game Manager

I have completed the first puzzle which would be a weight trigger to solve a puzzle. This turned out easier than I expected once I started watching more youtube videos. I also figured out how to instantiate new objects into the scene when a puzzle is completed. This will be used for creating new objects to be used in other puzzles.

Burial Room

I feel like I’m making really great progress on my room. I think my whole group is doing great on our individual rooms, and soon we will have to come together to work on the overall game manager and flow of the game. I am confident that we are all on target.