Learning unity

My group and I have cemented our project plan which came together very nicely. I talked about this a bit in the last post, but I struggled coming up with concepts and puzzles for our escape room. However, my team and I had a really good standup this week and we hammered out our project plan and ideas. The puzzles came more naturally after deciding on a theme and concept. I am feeling more confident that our project will come together nicely. I felt a little sweaty last week after I realized that Unity may be more difficult to pick up that I thought? But I definitely feel more confident after the stand ups this week.

I watched some Unity tutorials and got cracking on making a mock scene where I could control a “character” and apply physics to the objects and have them knock objects down or off the scene. I got a script going to be applied to an object so that it could move with keyboard controls. This was all from a fixed camera angle so my next challenge will be to create a first person view that can also interact with objects.

In other news, at my job I am working with Google Cloud Platform and creating a project and service account to interact with so I can do api calls to the google workspace environment. My goal is to completely automate onboarding/offboarding tasks in gsuite. Along with that, I want to create a dashboard with a gui in retool where my team members can make api calls without having to do any code. I’ve been running into a few errors but this is a fun challenge that I truly enjoy doing. My current role is much different than my previous one but I think that I am really advancing my career here.