This will be short.

I showed a revised version of Alkin’s Evaluation Theory Tree in last week’s post. It had leaves. It looked like this:Evaluation theory tree edition 2

It was taken from the second edition of Alkin’s book.

I have had two comments about this tree.

1. There are few women represented in the tree. (True, especially in the draft version; in version above there are more.)
  2. I was reminded about the  Fred  Carden and Marvin C. Alkin’s article in the Journal of Multidisciplinary Evaluation, 8(17), January 2012. (There are still more leaves and the global south is represented.)

The person who reminded me about the Carden and Alkin (Thank you, Pablo Rodriguez-Bilella)  article also gave me a reference that I am sharing (and since I cannot add a link I’ll just put the URL–hopefully, it will work in the post as it did in the comment–you may have to copy and paste):

http://evi.sagepub.com/cgi/doi/10.1177/1356389013516055.

This article is mentioned in the revised (yet again) version of the Evaluation Theory Tree in the article in number 2 above (see Table 1 and Figure 2).

So read the article in #2 above. and read the other article. The global south has a role here. It is important for evaluation.

Also, hanukkah lights 2…today is third night of Hanukkah…candles help with the darkness (the light returns Sunday…)

Happy Hanukkah.

my two cents.

molly.