How 4 of the Top Fortune 100 Companies Practices HR.

I looked at the top 4 healthcare companies to work for that are on the Fortune 100 list. This is Texas Health Resources, Inc, Southern Ohio Medical Center, BayCare Health System and Scripps Health. Looking at all these companies you would think they would have similar HR strategies since they are all in the healthcare sector but this was not the case. Onboarding was different for all of them, and the culture was different based on if it was faith-based, for profit or nonprofit. Even with these differences there were some similarities, all of the companies were over 85% when it came to employees saying “I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community” and “When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome” and “When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of prideā€ and “I’m proud to tell others I work here”. This is much higher in comparison to other healthcare organizations who average is in the 50-60% rate of agreeable views to the statements above. Working in healthcare is a calling and many healthcare workers will work through challenging conditions if they feel like they are valued as a person but if this not the case the best workers will know their value and will end up looking for work where they are allowed to do what they do best and feel valued for the work they do. When you have the people you employee excited to go to work and feeling heard and valued for who they are rather than just seen as another body helping to keep the wheels turning, they’re more likely to stay and feel engaged in the work they do, this is clear by the rates above. This is the type of manager I hope to be one day. I want to make sure that all of my employees know I value them as a person, see that they have many skills to bring to the table and not focus on what they can do better. I want to build a team who feels like they can take on the challenges that healthcare is facing and know that they have someone who believes in them and supports them and trust them to do the best job possible. I want my employees to know I see them as an individual not just an employee and we are in this together.