From Pigs to Penguins and Lions.

We are getting closer to the end of our trip ๐Ÿ™ I am pretty sad about it coming to an end. I have learned a lot of this trip and had a lot of fun. Anyways, today we toured a 4K Farms!! Which for you who do not know what that is, it is a Swine farm (Pig Farm)!!!! It was in the middle of nowhere. Well at least that is what it felt like to me since I am from Southern California. But I loved it. The farm was pretty big, which I was not expecting when we turned into it. I really liked this tour today though because I do not know much about pigs so it was very interesting. Also, the guy (Kirk) giving us a tour was so awesome. He collected semen from the one of the boars (which were HUGE!) and then AI (artificially inseminated) one of hisย  gilts. It was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen (Not in a weird way). I am just fascinated by AIing and have never actually seen it in person so I was excited! But not only did he do that he took us to see his baby pigs and he let us hold one! I was super excited they were all so cute! I really enjoyed his farm.

IMG_7505 Just how flat and open Iowa is!IMG_7596The group of us!IMG_7503 me holding a baby pig!

IMG_7489One of Kirk’s giant boars!

After the 4K Farms we went to Omaha Zoo!!!! Which I love animals so I have been waiting for this the whole trip!!! It was one of the biggest zoos I have been too. It was really nice although most of it was under construction to make it bigger and better. So later of in the future I want to go back to the zoo to see it finalized. We saw basically every animal… except elephants ๐Ÿ™ They didn’t have any elephant because they are working on there elephant sanctuary. Which should be done in Spring of 2016!!! So I am definitely coming back to see it!!IMG_7581IMG_7518IMG_7552IMG_7579

Just some pictures from the Zoo!!!

Today was a lot of fun because we got to tour and awesome farm and then go to the zoo. i loved it all because every place we went to there were animals! I am sad there is only one more full day left…. If this trip happens next year I am definitely coming on it!!

XOXO,

Tye