home | < Previous Chapter | Next Chapter>

Nov 16, 2010

Getting Low

Hello – As I embark on the ‘big put-together’ of my 67 TR6C, I am contemplating making it a rear-sets, clip-ons cafe racer. I don’t have the parts to bring it back as a beautiful Mist Green restored 1967 Triumph TR6C, and while once I thought it was going to be a bobber and then was absolutely settled on a street tracker, I’m now toying with the idea of a cafe racer (I like sliding back to the bum-stop and leaning low on my T100 track bike).
After getting my parts (and some new parts) back from ‘the mechanic up the road’ I discovered the shocks he gave me are only 12.5″ eye-to-eye or better than one inch short. I can easily shorten the length of the Ceriani forks to make the front height match the rear and… since I’m ‘inseam challenged’ or barely 5’5″… I like the idea of having a lowered Triumph…

While the photo below shows just a mock-up – the near-level swing arm points to the bike being almost 2 inches lower than stock. I loved sitting on it with both feet flat on the ground – something I cannot do on my 500.

.