Holding Down the Fourt

Week four has come and gone. Four me, this was a memorable one. It has gone even faster than the previous week, but four good reason this time. I went on vacation for the weekend, and therefour, I had to get everything done early. It basically was a full week condensed into four days so I could get out and truly relax. Honestly, I feel truly fourtunate to have this opportunity.

Our project has started to charge fourward, building steam as it goes. Ok, I’m done with the fours. At this point the word doesn’t look real anymore. Anyway, our motivation has begun climbing and we, as a team feel unstoppable. Our requirements are nailed down more than ever, but I have the sneaking suspicion, we may not have the full picture, that or maybe the requirements will change down the road. I hope that’s not the case, but this year has so far seems to be the year that Murphy’s Law is basically guaranteed, so I’m not holding my breath. We finally have access to the server infrastructure at Fermilab, so we can begin working in earnest, starting next week. We get access to a lot of interesting information in addition with our accounts, and I’m excited to start poking through the Wiki to try and learn more.

These blogs so far have been very cathartic for me. I’ve basically got like two nonstop streams of consciousness going all the time, and its hard to keep everything straight. I don’t think you really know what you, guy who grades this, has done by allowing me to just word vomit all over an assignment. It’s like I’ve just been mallocing nonstop and the terrified person looking over my shoulder the whole time has just showed me how to free. I guess its been… freeing.

P.S. If you ever get to Manzanita Oregon, go to Yolk for breakfast and order the French Toast. It’s transformational.