Week 5 is Live

The halfway point of the term has been reached. The Midterms are fully underway, and the homework is piling up. This has been a good week. Our project is starting to take shape. We have our charge, and we are charging forward to make something useful for some very hard working people. Current events are underway, and progressing at a rapid pace. By the time I write my next blog, we will see who the President of the United States will be for the next four years. I’m hopeful, but also kind of worried about the fallout. Not only that, but we are seeing record infections and I just know that a lot of people were partying for Halloween. I predict a SPoOky result! However, things in my little world are going well. That seems a little callous to all the people who are facing hard times right now, but I think it’s important to express gratitude for the good things in life, even when things are looking a little bleak. I voted last week, and I hope that anyone who ends up seeing this post did as well. I didn’t vote in the last election, and honestly I think that was stupid. I think a lot of people probably think the same way, and turnout is going to be the highest its ever been.

I know this blog has been more about current events so far, but that’s what has been occupying most of my headspace. Do you think that election day should be a national holiday so everyone can get to the polls? It’s crazy out there right now, and I hope you can find your own little pocket of peace and quiet in all of this. I have been thinking a lot about living in the present moment more and more in life. I feel that the future is less guaranteed than it ever has been, and worrying about what’s going to happen is just wasting the precious time that I have available to myself today. I wonder what I can do to make myself into the kind of person that I want to be, and have found that just doing the best I can to use every fleeting moment of the present is the best way to give myself the future I want. I don’t know if I’m right about this, but I’m giving it my best shot!

Thanks for reading!

Luke